3rd Annual 40 Percent Symposium | 19th September 2013, Habersashers Hall
Now in its third year the 2013 London conference was held on Thursday 19th September at Haberdashers Hall, a splendid location in the City of London and opened in 2002. With its origins in medieval times, today the Worshipful Company of Haberdashers is a significant supporter of schools and education.
The conference was aimed at investors, occupiers and asset managers alike and identified relevant trends so that delegates can plan their strategies with confidence. Speakers at the conference provided an insight into the issues, legislation and best practice operated by the top companies to make their commercial stock more sustainable. This has the crucial benefits of enabling you to stay at the leading edge of sustainability thinking, enhance the value of your assets and make better investment and occupational decisions.
With a senior advisory board advising on content and speakers who are all thought leaders in their respective disciplines, the day brought together the most compelling content that you can get from one day, with the added bonus of being able to network informally with your peers.
Key learning points delegates at the London Symposium 2013 benefited from:
Understanding clearly what impact climate change has on investment and purchase decisions from senior asset managers and property fund investors
Learning about green taxation and carbon reporting in the UK and the financial impact this could have on your property portfolio, whether investor or occupier
Understanding the benefits that companies achieve by reporting on the sustainable performance of their assets and the tools and indices available to do this
Hearing the latest research into the value of sustainability
Listening to senior bankers and valuers debate the impact that sustainability has on valuation advice; is this another bubble waiting to burst?
Learning what steps you can take to preserve the value of your asset and be prepared for minimum energy performance standards which take effect from 2018
Unparalleled opportunity to network with your peers and the conference speakers, at a senior management level and in an informal atmosphere
Who attended the conference?
Some of the companies who attended the conference were: 2degreesnetwork, 4See Environmental Ltd, Aberdeen Asset Management, Ambiente International LLP, APG Asset Management, ARUP, Aviva Investors, Bopro, BRE, CBRE, Cityhold, Cushman & Wakefield, Dalkia UK & Ireland, Deloitte Real Estate, Dorrington, DTZ, Environ, Eversheds, Evertex Energy, FTSE Group, GE Capital Real Estate, Green4Value, Grosvenor Fund Management, GVA, Hammerson plc, Henderson Global Investors, Hermes Fund Managers, I P Real Estate International Sustainability Alliance, IPD, Jones Lang LaSalle, K & L Gates, Kennedy Wilson Europe, La Salle Investment Management, M J Mapp, M&G Real Estate, Marksman Consulting, Mercuri Urval, MITIE Facilities Management, Rider Levett Bucknall, Royal Bank of Scotland, Savills, Schneider Electric, Schroders, Scottish Widow Investment Partnership, Skanska, Strutt & Partner, Sustainability Plus Europe Limited, Sustainable Development Capital LLP, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland, Talent Futures Ltd, The Agile Organisation, UK green Building Council, Urban Land Institute, Valad Europe
Delegate Feedback from London Symposium 2013
- "The forum the Symposium provides is an opportunity to initiate and develop strategies that will both improve environmental performance and help to deliver sustained value in a highly competitive environment."
- "A good cross section of building sustainability - investment management and performance."
- "Internationally recognised speakers. Insightful and good industry participants."
- "Probably the strongest and most interesting 40 Percent Symposium agenda so far."
- "Can I say this was the best of the 40 Percent Symposium events I have attended. With John Beddington setting the scene everything flowed naturally from there."
- "Thank you for inviting us to attend the 40 Percent Symposium. It was a well-structured event with great conversation around the challenges of meeting sustainability."
- "Big congrats on an excellent conference yesterday!"
- "It was good to catch up and I really enjoyed the day – some good speakers, audience and debate, and definitely well organised too."
- "Thanks again for a very interesting and enlightening day."